Heart-Healthy Egg-Vegetable Salad Wraps
From: Diabetic Living
Servings: Makes 6 sandwiches.
Total: 35 mins
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 6 leaf lettuce leaves
- 6 6- to 7-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. In a large bowl combine eggs, cucumber, yellow summer squash or zucchini, carrot, and red onion. For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise dressing, Dijon mustard, milk, tarragon or basil, salt, and paprika. Pour the dressing over egg mixture; toss gently to coat.
2. For each sandwich, place a lettuce leaf on a tortilla. Place 3 or 4 tomato slices on top of the lettuce, slightly off center. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture on top of the tomato slices. Roll up tortilla. If necessary, secure with toothpicks. Cut the tortilla rolls in half crosswise. Makes 6 sandwiches.
Calories 196, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 212 mg, Sodium 596 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%. Exchanges: Vegetable 1, Starch 1, Medium-Fat Meat 1, Fat .5.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet