By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
A fun, no-bake and kid-friendly cookie recipe to make for Santa on Christmas Eve.
This recipe makes 35 servings.
- 1 cup(250 mL) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup(250 mL) peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup(125 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups(750 mL) dry chow mein noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) rice crisp cereal
- 1 oz(28 g) white chocolate or semisweet chocolate, melted
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt butterscotch and peanut butter chips, butter and peanut butter, stirring often; remove from heat. Stir in noodles and cereal to coat well.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or let stand for 30 minutes or until firm. With fork, drizzle with chocolate.
Make ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.)