tag : Cabbage, Corned Beef, Guiness, Guiness Stout, Ireland, Irish, Irish Stew, St. Patrick, St. Patrick's Day, Stew
comment : 13
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs 25 Min | Ready In: 2 Hrs 35 Min
Makes 5 Servings
- 3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
- Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
- Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.